Throughout the months leading up to your departure, the Office of Global Programs is your primary resource for anything unrelated to visas. Should you have visa and immigration questions, the Office of Global Services (OGS) is your best source for up to date information.
Many students may find applying for a visa a new experience. Immigration requirements are determined by the country where you will be studying. OGS will provide guidance on navigating the visa process, but ultimately it is your responsibility to secure any necessary visa.
You can find up-to-date information about your visa and immigration process on the visa & immigration category linked on the right side of this page. You can also find more information on the immigration page of the admitted students page on the website for an additional outline of the process.
If you have additional questions about acquiring a visa, please contact the Office of Global Services at:
Outbound Immigration & Mobility Services
383 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003
How to Reach the Office of Global Services:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Chat: Add email@example.com to your gchat contact list and reach out anytime you see us available!
- Call +1-212-998-4242 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Eastern Time)
- Starting October 17*, walk-in Advising Hours at 383 Lafayette Street are:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 10:00am – 4:00 pm
- Wednesday and Thursday from 11:00am – 5:00pm
*If you need to meet with an advisor between now and Monday, October 17, please contact your advisor (information above) to schedule an appointment.
- How do I obtain or renew my Passport?
For information on passports and passport renewal, please visit travel.state.gov (US citizens) or http://embassy.goabroad.com/ (for all non-US citizens). Please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about obtaining a passport, and, if you need a passport quickly, for a letter needed to request same day passport service (available only for US citizens). Additionally, the Office of Global Services will host a Passport Drive on October 14 from 10am-2pm at 383 Lafayette Street. Click here to register for an appointment.
Remember, your passport MUST be valid for 6 months beyond your return date. For Spring 2017, that means through November 2017.
- Do I need a visa and how do I get one?
The Office of Global Services will be in touch with you throughout the semester to notify you of important deadlines and to make sure you have the materials you need to secure your visa.
- Who can I contact with questions about the Visa Process?
The Office of Global Services works with ALL students studying abroad, whether you are an NYU student or a visiting student participating in an NYU program.
OGS in New York coordinates with Abu Dhabi’s Office of Global Education and Shanghai’s Student Mobility Team to help students navigate the immigration and visa process. For questions about the visa process please use the following contacts:
- All Students: New York’s Office of Global Services – email@example.com
- NYU Abu Dhabi Degree students and students currently studying in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi’s Office of Global Education – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU Shanghai Degree Students and students currently studying in Shanghai: Shanghai’s Student Mobility Team – email@example.com