- ASAP – Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Germany). Upload a CLEAR, COLOR copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport). This is crucial to obtaining support letters on time for your visa application.
- Run a GlobalChek Plus query to confirm what type of visa you need prior to traveling to Berlin.
- October 19th: DEADLINE to complete Student Information Form and upload copy of passport!
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- By October 24 – Confirm your place in the program by submitting reservation fee. (Please note: enrollment capacity is limited. If the program reaches capacity before we receive your reservation, you will be placed on a waitlist)
- Plan Ahead, by November 4 – Complete the Study Away Module
- Save the Date: Saturday, November 5, 3-6 pm – All students in NYC are expected and required to attend NYU Berlin’s Pre-Departure Orientation on this date.
- ASAP – Review Flight & Arrival Information
- ASAP – Make an appointment to come see me with any questions at 383 Lafayette (located in New York). I’m also available by Skype appointment outside of this time frame if you are not in the area (email email@example.com to schedule).
- October 13, 12:30 – 1:30pm – Attend NYU Berlin’s Internship Info Session. Please RSVP here using your NYU CareerNet account. Held in the Wasserman Center, Presentation Room B (NYC)
- Week of October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- October 15 – 2017-2018 New York Academic Year RA Applications Due
- October 21 – Deadline to apply for the academic internship program (11:59pm ET)
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Berlin Facebook group
- ASAP (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- October 14, 12:30 2:30 pm – Berlin Study Away Kick-Off. Come celebrate and meet fellow classmates!
- October 14, 10 am – 2 pm – NYU Passport Drive
- October 25 – Explore Art at NYU World Tour’s Pop-Up Gallery